To advance our commitment to responsible investing, Prime Capital has become a signatory of the UN Principles for Responisble Investment (PRI).
They were developed in 2006 by an international group of institutional investors in response to the increasing importance of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues with respect to investment practices. The process was convened by the Secretary General of the United Nations.
Prime Capital has been a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment since July 2020. With our signature, we commit to adopting the following Principles:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
As an alternative investment manager, our highest priorities are to meet the needs of our clients and to make an impact on our various stakeholders, such as our employees and the community. By adopting the six Principles, we continuously strive for a positive and sustainable impact across our various asset classes and business lines. For this reason, we measure our success on a scale with multiple indicators.
Our First Assessment Report will be available in 2022.