Private Markets Lawyer (f/m/d)
Prime Capital is an independent asset management and financial services firm. We offer highly professional services in value-adding alternative investments and private markets. We do our utmost every day to invest funds reasonably on the capital market – to realize maximum benefit for our institutional customers: insurance companies, pension funds, corporates, large single/multi-family offices as well as wholesale clients. To date assets of more than Euro 10 billion have been structured, securitized, booked on various investment platforms as well as managed or advised by Prime Capital. Prime Capital is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.
Our Product Legal & Structuring Team is Looking for a Legal Counsel as Private Markets Lawyer based permanently and fulltime in Frankfurt am Main.
As a Private Markets Lawyer you will have a couple of intrinsic roles. You will be responsible for
- Providing legal advice, guidance and judgement in relation to our private markets strategies
- Managing the legal aspects pertaining to our private markets investments, regardless of where in the capital structure they sit
- Working closely with, and offering full life-cycle support to our private markets sector teams in relation to the legal and structuring matters associated with the assets they chose to invest in or to exit
Our private markets approach encompasses investments in private debt, private real estate, private infrastructure and private equity. We have a solid track record of managing private markets strategies as well as having developed a number of innovative private markets solutions.
In private markets, experience, insight and access are key. We proactively source investment opportunities through our sector Teams with over 25 dedicated professionals. Our sector teams have an extensive network and strong relationships with sponsors, developers, asset owners and other leading private markets managers – often enabling us to hear about opportunities at an early stage.
You will work in a high profile role respected firm-wide and form part of a small but dynamic team, reporting directly to the board member in charge.
The role will require significant time commitment when necessary and there is a high level of senior management exposure. You will work on a wide range of projects involving different sector teams and their members. Deals may last for weeks and you may even get exposure to the broad cross-section of the sector team’s work.
Your will regularly visit our other office and undertake moderate travelling to our Clients.
fulltime / permanent / Frankfurt am Main
YOUR NEW CHALLENGE
- Act as main legal contact for the private markets sector teams and support them at all stages of an investment, from the investment decision right through to the Closing
- Structure the investment under consideration by thoroughly study and analyzing the investment proposal with value-add in mind
- Be tasked to perform legal due diligence and contractual arrangements to further the investment process and be commercially aware as your advice needs to be relevant, on point and updated
- Apply your legal skills to the purchase or sale of assets by ensuring the transaction is binding and in the best interest of the investors we represent
- Be equipped to prepare and review the transaction documentation relating to the investment such as acquisition or financing agreements, mortgage documents, and transfer documents
- Instruct and manage external legal advisors, review and discuss their advice with the freedom of choice and decision of an in-house entrepreneur
- Negotiate on the terms of an investment by dealing with the niceties of commercial, company and contract laws, often overlapping with finance and taxation at various stages in the deal
- Oversee the legal issues during the term of ownership or financing, including restructurings, refinancing and add-on Acquisitions
- Work with sector teams at the conceptual stages of all product initiatives, providing legal and structural input on the business case and feasibility to take the product through to completion
- Research ad-hoc requests for legal, regulatory, accounting and tax considerations from the sector teams on issues relating to the investors, investments or jurisdictions
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the relevant legislative, regulatory and tax landscape for the benefit of internal market intelligence and share your knowledge firm-widely and unsolicitedly
- Provide support to distribution and marketing efforts, including the making of RfPs, presentations, websites, client meetings, etc., in close collaboration with our client relationship Team
YOUR TALENT, OUR ASSET
- Fully qualified German lawyer, holding a post-graduate law degree as Assessor jur.
- 10+ pqe at a top tier asset manager or law firm, with a focus on private markets
- Significant working experience of managing the legal and regulatory developments across a broad range of private markets and their impact on the design of an investment; tax knowledge would be a plus
- Proven ability to engage with portfolio managers, asset class specialists and business heads to discuss legal and structuring implications of product launches
- Excellent communication skills; in particular, must write clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Fluent in English
- Strong recommendations available upon request
- Proficient at working independently with little supervision, yet be a strong team contributor
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability
- Focus on delivery and making deals happen
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, while managing multiple and shifting priorities to tight deadlines
- Self-motived, hands-on and pro-active attitude with entrepreneurial mind-set
- Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to apply critical thinking and to challenge investment concepts and structures
- Adaptable to new products and changing regulatory environments
- Attractive salary with performance-related compensation and considerable further benefits (e.g. Sodexo-Meal Voucher, Fitness First)
- Excellent working conditions with a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours in a modern office space in the heart of Frankfurt – Westend
- Continuous professional career development with future opportunities to move in other areas of the business
- Be part of one of the leading alternative investment manager in the German speaking markets
- Energy of a smaller boutique combined with a multi-discipline feel
- Growth-oriented entrepreneurial culture and dynamic international working environment
Then apply right now by filling out the application form and send us your detailed application as pdf file by stating your salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!